Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA)
The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (as amended) (the Habitats Regulations) can have profound implications for plans and projects coming forward within the planning system. Holbury Consultancy Services provides specialist advice in:
- Masterplanning a proposal that avoids or minimises impacts on European nature conservation sites
- Preparation of all documentation required for the support of a planning application where a competent authority is required to carry out an HRA for purposes of determination:
- Design, negotiation and agreement of mitigation packages with Natural England, the competent authority and any other relevant stakeholders, sufficient to satisfy the tests of the Habitats Regulations
- HRA Screening
- Appropriate Assessment
- Advice on current and developing HRA caselaw.
- Documents setting out the detail of mitigation, inclusive of funding and management mechanisms required to deliver in perpetuity.
- Specialist support for local authorities dealing with complex appropriate assessments in their role as competent authortity
Habitats Regulations Assessment
Examples of project experience:
- Welborne Shadow Appropriate Assessment for 6000 residential units and associated infrastructure. Fareham, Hampshire.
Client: Buckland Ltd
- Bournemouth Aviation Business Park and Rockley Point. Advice to local planning authority in their role as Competent Authority under the Habitats Regulations.
Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole Council
- Advice to Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole Council in their role as Competent Authority under the Habitats Regulations in relation to 2 projects.
Bournemouth Aviation Business Park and Rockley Point
- Ferry Farm Solar Park Shadow Appropriate Assessment, Selsey, West Sussex.
Client: BNRGLangmead Ltd
- Tournerbury Shadow Appropriate Assessment in relation to a retrospective planning application for a wedding & events venue, Hayling Island, Hampshire.
Client: Tournerbury Woods Estate
© Copyright 2022 - Holbury Consultancy Services Ltd - All Rights Reserved