Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG)
The in perpetuity delivery of SANG alongside development has become a well recognised means of mitigating recreational impacts of the scheme on Natura 2000 sites. Holbury Consultancy Service Ltd has extensive experience of bringing SANG forward as part of a development proposal, and also the delivery of SANG once consent has been granted. Holbury offers the following services:
- Identification of SANG land to bring forward as part of a development proposal. This may be a clients own land, or that of a 3rd party or may be a negotiation with the competent authority to pay a contribution as a proxy for SANG.
- Design and costing of effective SANG
- Negotiation with Natural England and competent authority to agree SANG design and agree in perpetuity delivery mechanisms
- Advice on delivery mechanisms and introduction to suitable SANG land management organisations if required.
- All documentation needed to support a planning application reliant of SANG
- Project management of SANG implementation inclusive of capital works, and on-going management works thereafter.
- Once operational, on-going liaison with all stakeholders, over-seeing SANG function and performance. Monitoring, reporting and working with SANG rangers and management staff to develop and progress.
- Advice on the use of spare SANG capacity as strategic SANG or as a commercial commodity to enable other third party developments.
Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace
Nicola was a pleasure to work with, highly efficient, knowledgeable, precise and quick to respond…
Yue-Mun Barclay, Director, PAL Properties Ltd
© Copyright 2022 - Holbury Consultancy Services Ltd - All Rights Reserved